Sunday, June 15, 2008

On getting caught in the rain...


I'm walking home from the coffee shop and 'surprise'--total downpour. Wearing an unfortunate choice of shirt for the change in weather, I decide the only thing to do is walk confidently down the street, head up, as if it were a gorgeous sunny day. I am not the only person caught in the rain this morning, but my fellow pedestrians are sour-faced and hunched over. People actually look at me like I might be crazy for seeming to enjoy the morning nonetheless!


I've been working on this concept in broader areas of my life...working with what I've got, trying not to accumulate dings in the armour, 'come what may'... Sometimes it means humming to myself when I am tempted to quit my job on the spot so I can just leave the chaos, sometimes it means being much more 'real' than usual and exposing more of myself than I'd like, but always it means shoulders back and head held high through it all.

2 comments:

Robin Easton said...

This is soooo beautiful! Good for you! I love this whole post. The inside of what looks like a tulip, the pink letters on the gray back ground, which all express your own inner beauty, creativity and how you see the world. I also loved how your inner strength and love of love radiate out to in this post. It speaks to me of bravery, boldness, and vitality. I am proud of you! It's good for me as to hear again, as well. Thank you. :)

Tania Tyler said...

Beautiful post! Always nice to have a reminder to stand proud regardless of what life offers us.
Blessings,
~Tania